user profile
Sign in
user profile

Disbursements are at risk of deactivation due to indicators of unmet UK business establishment requirements

by Seller_nT7psArrIHc2I

I have just received this message this morning. Laughable as I don't even think I earn a £1000 profit per year on here and I have been selling on Amazon for at least 7 years now. I am not VAT registered. I am a sole trader. I have never even been out the country on a holiday in my entire life lol

I honest thought it was a fake email and had to check the performance page to make sure.

My question is, Is a bank statement with my address on it acceptable as proof as I don't possess any of the other documentation they are asking for. I have a Provisional drivers licence but it says they need other ID to go with it.

It is always something with Amazon. This kind of thing never happens on any other platform.

Tags: Seller Support
2678 replies
2678 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_nT7psArrIHc2I’s post

I have also had that email this morning - I am a UK sole-trader, been selling here 18 years, NEVER sold in any other marketplaces, and there is nothing showing on my Account health page, so I am going to ignore (for now, unlless they contact me again !)

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Black_Cat_Books

I'm in the same situation as Allen Williams. Sent the doc scans but none exactly match Amazon's records (names/initials house name/number) - still awaiting reply.

I suspect new rules on VAT mean ALL UK sellers must prove identity, residence and posting place or VAT will be charged as if seller is based outside UK...

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_uSBqWAlkccs2f

Is it possibly a scam?

user profile
Seller_fe0Lmlr1fJbCk

We just received the same message this morning. The difference been that we are VAT registered.

Apparently Amazon can not be sure we are VAT registered, despite having had our information on file for the past 10 years.

As soon as we received the message we checked our tax information on our account and, according to Amazon, we are definately VAT registered.

As requested, we immediately emailed Amazon with a copy of our VAT certificate. Almost immediately after this we received a message saying that they now need our EU business documents. Goodness knows why they need this, as we only deal on Amazon UK and have only ever dealt on Amazon UK.

They have disabled our disbursements and goodness knows when this will be reinstated. I just wish that someone at Amazon understood what it is like to be a seller on their platform, when the first thing you do every morning is check your Amazon messages to see what financial straights they have put you in today!

user profile
Seller_UONeDoaTAlYzW

This has happened to us also, we're a general partnership but they expect new documents for a ltd partnership that we don't have. Fully verified on Amazon already. It's so frustrating that paymets can just be frozen like this for small businesses. Hopefully it's just some sort of glitch. Anyone from Amazon care to comment on this??

user profile
Seller_RAXEWLxQ2dbmN

I might have missed it in one of the many posts on this thread, but have all of you who have received this email also got an alert in your SC homepage or in your account info page?

If there is nothing in SC it could be a scam.

It would be nice if one of the mods here could give some input...

user profile
Seller_1Y3xfYPn4zewU

Having an absolute nightmare with this, the documents that are listed here https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gc/vat-education/voec-uk-establishment. i have provided. They then keep asking for more and more that are not even on the list, the seller support you speak to are not even aware of the specific requirements, i mean who does not accept a passport and documents from HMRC ?

I spoke to seller support today, who mentioned many sellers facing this issue. When you speak to them they have no clue as to why your documents are rejected and there is no way of speaking to the verification team. The whole process is exhausting.

user profile
Seller_EpXPhVLnbs8X3

Hello there! I received this email on the 27th December and thought it was a scam . I got in touch with support who told me no, it was not a scam and to submit requested documents to the email address they gave you as they had reason to believe I was operating outside the UK which is totally ludicrous. Anyway I got back to them with my UTR again, my full driving license and an invoice for jewellery making supplies that I had purchased which showed my business name, my name and my address, This was on the 1st, they said they would process the info within 14 days and I have heard nothing back from them so I am really hoping those things were acceptable. Do you have an invoice for business supplies that shows your business name and address? Iif so it may be worth sending that to them as well.

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello Sellers,

I read all comments under this thread and I want to thank you all for your posts.

I can confirm that the notification you received in regards to ´drtax-verification´ is indeed authentic.

@Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid, thank you for tagging the mods, you can also include me as I will be looking into this.

Kind regards,

Sakura

user profile
Seller_RAXEWLxQ2dbmN
This post has been deleted
Go to original post