user profile
Sign in
user profile

High Number of Refunds Without Returns - Seeking Advice and Reimbursement Options

by Seller_2T9uVgunzsirE

Hello fellow sellers,

I've recently started selling a shampoo on Amazon and am experiencing an unusually high number of refunds. Despite having a 100% customer experience rating and no negative feedback on the listing, I've had about 15 refunds in the past two weeks. When I reached out to Seller Support, I was informed that since the shampoo is a non-returnable item, customers were issued refunds without providing any reason.

I find this situation very frustrating. It feels unfair that despite no complaints about the product and no provided reasons for the refunds, customers can still receive their money back. As sellers, we invest a lot into our products and it's disheartening to see our efforts result in losses like this.

Can anyone offer advice on how to handle this situation? Is there a way to request reimbursement from Amazon for these refunds, especially when no reason for the refund is given by the customer?

Looks like Amazon is wiping their customers face with sellers blood on it.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tags: Refunds
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_2T9uVgunzsirE’s post

as far as I know this is what you sign up to if you sell none returnable items via FBA.

Your only options are to increase the price to account for the return rate (it could be you have sold thousands in which case 15 returns would be low) or don’t sell this item on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_SiaWrl2VXxnEh

hi

I am having the same problem, high number of returns with suupid excuses then seeing customers refunded straight away, most of the returns I never see come back to me but last week I had 3 returns that were empty packaging ! and I have been charged for the returns postage. this returns policy of amazon is just encouraging people to be dishonest and get away with having free product form us sellers and a full refund. dont think there is anything we. can do about this as amazon just dont want to know ! so frustrating I sympathise with you.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

The only thing I would check is how you are packaging the items.

Is it likely that the bottles could leak at any point in the shipment/storage/delivery process?

It maybe there is some issue with the items which are causing the refunds. Whilst some customers play the system most don't and there is probably a reason for the excessive refunds.

user profile
Seller_GNZnVcGNo6mDw

Have they been used or unsealed after delivery or show signs of use?

Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;

user profile
Seller_lncJ33ORWEySW

Welcome to the world of Amazon and FBA (Free Bric-a-brac Anytime) Amazon have educated our - their customers well.

user profile
Seller_PTena7LrLt9Wh

Its quite simple to resolve, stop FBA, we did many years ago, it attracts online shoplifting.

user profile
Seller_EkGoiphKgUnUI

If you cant beat them, join them ha ha. Perhaps you should order 15 bottles from Amazon EU Sarl.....

user profile
Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP

Amazon Buyers soon find out that certain products are free.

They maybe genuinely want to return something, told as a food, or beauty item, etc, that it cannot be returned. So, they get a refund.

That then encourages them to do the same next time, and the time after, etc.

It is a bit like many items from abroad were free if under £15 - unless they had a UK return address (as Amazon made that rule), which is why most Sellers now have a UK address, or guess what they use FBA and Amz get more money.

Suggestion: Use SFP rather than FBA, then all items need to be returned to you, and you decide if a refund or not (or 1st scan refund and a Safe-T Claim).

user profile
Seller_TgKLFLfQtrZyy

I have had the exact same issue numerous times, no matter how well packed one of the shampoos / hair products I sell.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post