user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Deactivated/John Pye auctions

by Seller_ZSik9xESjJMBP

Hello everyone

We have our account deactivated by amazon. We are using John Pye auctions to buy our stock and mainly all stock comes from Amazon safari(ex stock left overs).We sold 68 parcels in 12 days and are new seller.Amazon asked for proof for some items and we provide copies of Invoices with stated items… But they still saying that items can not be genuine and they not can see that items in description is stated as brand new.How Kasparevsky antivirus can be second hand item or used. How 90 ipad minicases can be second hand. Main question is where we can go for help and who to contact . We selling on Amazon.co.uk. And is over 30 days now. All money is freezed up.We spend thousands on John Pye auction items but end up Deactivated. Any help will be high appreciated

Tags: Deactivated
47 replies
47 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO
In reply to: Seller_ZSik9xESjJMBP’s post

I think you may be the third seller in the last couple of weeks who has bought from auctions and has now had trouble with Amazon.

For your items to be listed as “new” they must be bought from an authorised supplier, not an auction. All of the items you listed should’ve been listed as “used - like new” assuming no damage to packaging etc.

Authenticity also becomes an issue as you’ve discovered - Amazon generally work on the basis that new items will have valid invoices from a proper supply chain. This is something you don’t have because of where you purchased from.

I assume Amazon have asked for a plan of action? You will need to write one explaining your mistakes, the reasons behind them and what actions you have taken to remedy them.

You can always post a draft on here to get advice from other sellers.

user profile
Seller_LpjhinHAD7f55

If you look at the reviews of this auction house some buyers think some of the goods they sell are fake

user profile
Seller_2WAopijeq3Pnr
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_l78koE9kGCu59

C’mon Dude!

You can’t buy stock from auction and sell it as new!
I know the auction you speak of well and exactly the stock they get and the condition it’s actually in!
This stuff isn’t new by any means. It may not have been used but it’s not new.
This is Amazon '20 not eBay circa '95 - maybe in the “dark days” as we know them of eBay back in the day but now - no way!

I maybe wrong but I think the “Amazon pallet” dealers all sign to agree not to send the stuff back in to Amazon. Therefore if you bought the stock you’re also expected to not send in the same stock.

user profile
Seller_cedsnRIkO32W2

If you’re buying at auction, they’re not brand new.

user profile
Seller_T3IONZVEzJQXv

Seems fair to me, there’s no way you can prove a valid supply chain here. From a customers perspective I would absolutely be annoyed if I found out the new stock I bought is from an auction.

Take this as a lesson to do more due dillegence when investing thousands into a new venture.

user profile
Seller_gSzao5tsKB0Ds

The items are not new, so need to be sold ‘used’

user profile
Seller_ZSik9xESjJMBP

I told them I deleted all my listings and will change all items conditions as used when relisting them.Seems everything stuck and will not move.

user profile
Seller_s3TaCE833CEqc

Being Amazon labelled probably gives less weight to them being valid items.

I used to be in clearance/auction business so know a bit. First, Pye’s are a reputable auction house. They do handle liquidations but also stock from anyone. No auction house checks every item so, especially with mixed lots, there’s always a chance that something that shouldn’t may slip through.

So there are a few ways that Amazon goods can end up in an auction.
An FBA seller may well have been told to stop selling on Amazon and recalled stock and disposed of by auction.
Amazon may well clear returned or unsaleable stock from their warehouses. They could do this through an auction house or sell on to a third party who could put through auction.
There could also be an Amazon trader who has gone into liquidation and had their stock seized.

None of those possibilities make any of the items valid for sale.

user profile
Seller_ZSik9xESjJMBP

We sold lots of used stuff like damaged packaging and others.I think my mistake was as I started sell cheaper then amazon warehouse used items. Some items amazon was trying sell cheque we always outbid them.

Go to original post