user profile
Sign in
user profile

Selling on USA Amazon.com, any help would be appreciated!

by Seller_lR9zCyrFvwSKb

Hi i’m currently looking into selling in Amazon.com but just wanted to get some advice about the process. I understand its pretty much the same as the uk in terms of fees etc but in order to start selling on there what do i have to do ? I m going to get an accountant that can help me with taxes etc but exactly what do i need to do!?

thanks in advance

Tags: Taxes
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_gPb8GbwgMC7X5
In reply to: Seller_lR9zCyrFvwSKb’s post

unless you are storing your products in USA then you just treat orders as any other order from outside of the UK. Also if VAT registered then the orders will be VAT Exempt

user profile
Seller_0pkMTMROIPEmY

We looked into this but did not proceed, without going into to much detail the TAX implications and work required to proceed far outway the potential beneifts , you will have to potentialy register for TAX in the US depending on your business although this may now be a requirement for all sellers, any returns you receive cannot be directly sent back to you and can prove prohitbitive to actually return due to the cost and TAX issues. The exchange rate Amazon repatriate your USD$ to GBP is very bad you will typically loose 3-4% here on exchange unless you have a USD$ bank account. These are just a few small factors to consider, exporting the product into the US is not so simple either, they will require all the relevant customs codes etc.

There is a more details blog here;

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

Foreign sellers are not required to pay any taxes in the USA, this applies to both FBM and FBA sales.

In the UK, you can handle the sales in the same way as your domestic sales in terms of paying a tax.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post