user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unable to verify account

by Seller_4i8ccCzQkeEVD

Hi there,

Having issues verifying my account to my frustration, I’ve run the ecommerce side of another business for several years now which includes managing a very successful Amazon store which I got running. Now I’ve started my own business and registered a limited company, I can’t even get past the first stage and I’m lost/disappointed I won’t get a run at Xmas.

I will paste in following post the messages I’ve had. Please help me, I feel I’m going mad with it all.

My bank account attached was verified with no issue.

Tags: Bank account, Registration, Verification
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_y7wlA8Npjq1Or
In reply to: Seller_4i8ccCzQkeEVD’s post

Normally its a supporting documents issue. But if you can post copy of message removing any personal details just what they are seeking.

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

The initial Seller Account Verification can take anything from a few days to a few months. My first verification took almost three months.

Just patiently wait and provide Amazon any additional information or documents which they request. For any questions, e-mail seller-verification-enquiry@amazon.co.uk or open a case with the Seller Support under verification issues.

Also, here is a verification-related help page, which includes answers to all frequently asked questions regarding Seller Account verification:

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/help-popup.html/?itemID=201200780

In case that you already submitted all requested information and documents, you will need to wait for Amazon to review them.

user profile
Seller_4i8ccCzQkeEVD

Hello,

For your security, we have suspended your Amazon seller account. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

Why is this happening?

We need additional documentation to verify your identity. If you currently sell on Amazon , we need to verify a change to your payment methods. If you did not make this change, contact Seller Support.

14 October 2019
[Action Required] Information needed for your Selling on Amazon payment account
Sent from: account-confirmation-eu@amazon.co.uk
Hello,

Within 14 days, we need ********************** to confirm if they are or have been a Politically Exposed Person in order to process your registration. This includes association or relation with someone who is or was a Politically Exposed Person, such as a spouse, child, or business partner.

Please ensure this person replies to this email with the confirmation, formatted as a full sentence as the example below:

"I, [NAME OF THE RELEVANT INDIVIDUAL], confirm that I am not, nor have I ever been, a Politically Exposed Person or have been associated/related with someone who is or was.

[Full Name]"

For your reference, a Politically Exposed Person is a person entrusted with prominent public/political functions, such as:
– Heads of state, government and cabinet ministers
– Influential functionaries in nationalized industries and government administration
– Senior judges
– Senior party functionaries
– Senior and/or influential officials, functionaries and military leaders and people with similar functions in international or supranational organizations
– Members of ruling royal families
– Senior and/or influential representatives of religious organizations

As a licensed payment service provider, Amazon Payments UK Limited is subject to specific obligations in order to open and maintain its accounts. These obligations include the verification of customers’ identity and address, as per the harmonized EU anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regime. This includes individuals who manage or are associated with the account.

If you have any questions, you can contact us at any time {link removed}

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team

14 October 2019

Important information regarding your Selling on Amazon payment account

Sent from: seller-verification@amazon.co.uk

Dear Seller,

We were unable to verify the information you provided when registering for a Selling on Amazon payment account and, as a result, your Selling on Amazon payment account could not be opened. Unfortunately, this means that you will not be able to continue to sell on Amazon.

Please take appropriate steps to resolve any open orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from the balance in your existing Seller Account.

Please do not hesitate to contact Seller Support with any questions you may have:
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/contact-us/contact-amazon-form.html

Kind regards,
Amazon Payments

Then I appealed which failed:

Submission 1

17 October 2019 19:24 BST

The root cause of the issue
I failed Amazon Payment account registration as my identification forms didn’t match. It was either due to me not scanning my passport photo in and just taking a photo. Or I accidentally had my registered business address set on my account, instead of having my operating address.

The actions that you have taken to resolve the issue
I have changed my business address to the one I operate from and not where my registered office is. I have re scanned in my passport and letter of authorisation after signing it. I have also added some additional documents to prove my identity: Transactions from my business bank account which has my full name, my internet bill which has name and my address on which is linked on here and my company registration certificate.

The steps that you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
N/A

Attached
Internet Bill.pdf
Business Bank Account Transactions.pdf
Letter Of Authorisation.pdf
Passport Scan.pdf
Company Registration Certificate.pdf

user profile
Seller_4i8ccCzQkeEVD

The appeal has failed unfortunately like I said. I can add more documents to the appeal, but the only other thing I could really upload would be the limited Company shares. But I don’t want to waste it which is why I’ve come here to ask for recommendations first.

I’ve read through these forums for hours and read all through amazon’s guides. It doesn’t give me any inclination of what to actually do in this situation. How am I meant to know what is wrong, all the forms ive supplied are spot on to my knowledge.

Would me sending a picture holding the passport next to my face help? As I don’t know if its something to do with my actual identity or the company forms. They only ever asked me to upload the letter of authorisation and my passport, I ended up sending a picture of my passport then I scanned it in.

Does the appeal go to seller verification do you know or does it just get auto rejected in this instance?

I don’t know whether to send every document I have the customer support then they will pass to verifation team and I will see a trail that they have be the documents?

user profile
Seller_4i8ccCzQkeEVD

What would you recommend writing in the email please?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post