user profile
Sign in
user profile

To refund, even though Tracking claims delivered with signature?

by Seller_TJr1f9I1ncjgY

We’ve had quite a few of these recently - today a customer has claimed they did not receive their ‘Special delivery next day guaranteed’ RM parcel even though tracking says it was delivered and with signature. Adamant that is not their signature and they haven’t had it.

We had one similar last week and contacted SS for advice, they advised to be as nice as possible to the customer and process a refund. The delivery confirmation and signature (also a picture in this case) makes no difference apparently.

How do others deal with these situations?

Tags: Customer, Refunds, SAFE-T
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_GTQV2zDar8YQQ
In reply to: Seller_TJr1f9I1ncjgY’s post

I would refund the buyer and claim from Royal Mail.
They can sort it out that’s why we pay for the service .

user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

Seller support are only telling you that because that is the best outcome for the customer.

In line with amazon guidance, an order that is scanned as delivered with a customer signature should in theory win an a to z (i stress the in theory part here) so you should win one if one is opened, or it would at least be amazon funded.

user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

Was there a GPS location on the tracking as well which corresponds to the buyers address?

I personally wouldn’t be refunding any parcel which shows delivered with a signature.

I not sure Royal Mail will accept a claim for an item that is signed for unless there is other compelling evidence it hasn’t been received such as GPS location being wrong.

It is also a frustrating part of selling on Amazon where you are told Delivery Confirmation and a signature makes no difference. On other market places you are likely to win a claim where this information is available.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post