user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to block customer

by Seller_MDBYdP0behMnI

Hi

Is there any option to stop a customer placing an order on our products as mostly that customer complaining that the parcel not received and asking for replacement.
Regards

Tags: Customer
1.5K views
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_MDBYdP0behMnI’s post

Unfortunately not on amazon there isn’t

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

If you get a persistent number of claims in a particular postcode it’s recommended to contact Royal Mail make them aware of the issue. If the retail value is below £20 it’s better to use the retail service because you will be refunded in full for the alleged loss unlike the business terms and conditions. If the item is a parcel size then order is scanned upon delivery and no signature is required. Several customers put in claims against Royal Mail recently which most turned out to be false.

As a part of normal practice we are required to keep a log of all claims to help is determine whether the claim is actually genuine or not and register the claim with Royal Mail.

Blocking the buyer is a feature used on well known auction website unfortunately the feature is not available on Amazon. Reporting a buyer is not easy when no messages have been exchanged and the buyer has left a negative review without informing the seller of the problem with the order.

In the 10 or so years of trading I am really surprised some buyers think we do not know about strange buying patterns.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Returns is a good example where Amazon make loss 10% on every purchase because of a disingenuous purchase such as deliberately ordering the wrong size and returning the order or wrong colour or alleging the product is not as described.

user profile
Seller_pSyTbTHKLjeGe

Unfortunately no, if the item is bit expensive then send Royal Mail 2nd class signed for and get rid of that customer’s issue.

user profile
Seller_yE7wQLht2Ut2g

Sadly no your hands are tied behind your back. a customer could order and claim from you every week and they would get away with it if they know the Amazon system it will be you who is punished not them. this is the way of Amazon the seller will always be at fault

user profile
Seller_6sxtIS0RbZ5k7

Depending on whether you metrics can take the cancellation, cancel it with the reason that there is a problem with the address. Include a note to the customer of the reason and hopefully you will only ever have to do it once.

user profile
Seller_qI3WZd3b16gTH

We have blocked 100’s of ebayers on ebay for non receipt claims, returns and idiots over the last 10 years.

Amazon please allow this choice for sellers, think of the data of blocked customers.

user profile
Seller_Rds42gzScDQFa

Oh how I wish there was

user profile
Seller_8PqdYLL8nb4uF

A long time ago…
On an Amazon far, far, away… different from how it is now…
There was a forum member that replied to a similar question with an answer something like:

I have also had a persistent claimant of non delivery.
Almost every order is mysteriously ‘missing’
I decided that I would not send any further items that she ordered but mark them as dispatched.
Two orders later [not sent] and whilst the same INR claim came along, no further orders followed.

This was before Amazon insisted on entering tracking on most orders.
It seems that when the buyer actually didn’t receive the item, it was no longer worth her placing further orders with that particular seller.

However, it’s not a solution I would ever suggest, but it did have the desired effect.

Stamps/ Franking? Mmmmmhh?

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

I have a suggestion which may prevent claims from being made. You always put a sticker on the parcel asking your courier to monitor deliveries in areas where you receive a high number of claims.

Go to original post