user profile
Sign in
user profile

willing to pay back the VAT owed to Amazon but mdri-exec-escalations@amazon.co.uk does not respond

by Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

I am not established in the UK for VAT purposes and need to pay unpaid VAT owed to amazon.

I was told to contact mdri-exec-escalations@amazon.co.uk on May 13th, 2024. According to the information I received from the Amazon notification they had to answer in 48 hours time. This time have passed long time 3 days ago but they still does not respond.

We had received an email on May 9th, 2024, the email stated that "You can continue to sell, but your Amazon sales proceeds will remain temporarily ineligible for disbursement and any FBA inventory blocked from removal from this account, and any related accounts, until any EU VAT owed is paid to Amazon. Additionally, within 10 days we will begin to collect and remit VAT taxes on your future sales for goods delivered to EU customers."

We have two questions regarding to our unpaid VAT.

1) Where can we find our amount or balance for our unpaid VAT?

2) Where can we pay for our unpaid VAT?

Also, we haven't received our VAT liability from Amazon and no other information from Performance Notifications.

We only have 3 more days left until the deadline, and we don't want to get any penalty from government.

Please advise us and guide u

Can anyone advise?

Tags: Account Health, Seller Support
36 replies
36 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Julia_Amzn
In reply to: Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb’s post

Hello @Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb,

Thank you for posting.

Have you received any updates regarding your case? Has there been new communication?

Best,

Julia.

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hi @Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb,

I am sending you a private message with the instructions provided by the partner team.

You will find my message in your case log. Please confirm once you have received it.

Best,

Julia.

user profile
Seller_rJ2lwpfWcGahc

We are facing the same problem. Agree to have them deduct money. But there has been no movement for more than ten days. The seller's support is also a duplicate reply: under review, please wait.

Have you returned to normal now

user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Hi @Julia_Amzn

The Amazon Seller Performance Team has informed us that we need to pay the historical VAT to Amazon. The email states: "From 1 January 2021,....Amazon is liable to collect and remit the VAT even if you have already paid it to HMRC."

In other words, we need to obtain a refund from the government and pay the amount of GBP 265,818.93 back to Amazon for VAT.

However, we are lack of information. We need to provide some information to our accountant, so on our accountant could provide the information to goverment official.

It is very urgent, that on June 7th, 2024 will be a new 2024 VAT file season, and we need these information ASAP, or else we will face penalties.

We Need receive these information before June 5th, 2024:

1) a breakdown of VAT Liability Transactions from Amazon (Please refer to attachment)

2) update all terms and the calculation from all of our Amazon VAT Transactions Report (Please refer to excel attachment)

Our accountant also need these information for filing on June 5th. Still now we are not sure what should we do now? Should we let our accountant to file VAT for us or let Amazon to help us to file VAT? No cure.

We need Amazon to help us to communicate and give us the breakdown VAT transaction and also update all terms and the calculation from all of our Amazon VAT Transactions Report .

Please do help us and provide us the information as fast as possible before June 5th, 2024.

user profile
Seller_rJ2lwpfWcGahc

@Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb Hello, we are also facing the same problem. Excuse me, has your account been activated now? Can it be sold normally?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post