user profile
Sign in
user profile

Postage Refunds with Royal Mail Account

by Seller_fj3M54GkuGQyT

I have had a few occasions in the past (typically 3 or 4 per month) where I have had to cancel a Royal Mail label, that I've generated through Buy Shipping. Usually a week or two later, I get an email from Amazon saying that Royal Mail have approved the refund and 'If you purchased this delivery using a linked carrier account, please work directly with the carrier for the refund'.

Now, I do have a linked Royal Mail account and I get my negotiated rates on Buy Shipping, but I have never seen any 'credits' or 'refunds' on my Royal Mail invoices for the cancelled labels.

I was just wondering if any of you have a linked account and know whether I'm supposed to manually request each refund from Royal Mail in addition to cancelling it on Amazon?

I should have picked up on this before really because I'll no doubt be a few hundred pounds out of pocket if I've not been refunded at all in the 3+ years we've had a Royal Mail account.

Tags: Royal Mail, Seller fulfilled, Shipping, Shipping costs
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Sakura_Amazon_
In reply to: Seller_fj3M54GkuGQyT’s post

Hello @Seller_fj3M54GkuGQyT,

I have found this help page about how to resolve carrier operational issues with Buy Shipping services. You can find there information on how to raise a claim with Royal Mail.

"For a loss or damage claim, if you use Royal Mail on Buy Shipping services as the carrier to fulfil your orders, go to Royal Mail business account claims to find more information on how to file a loss or damage claim.

If you do not have a business account and instead use Royal Mail drop-off services, go to Claims Centre."

Did you already try it?

Regards,

Sakura

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_
In reply to: Seller_fj3M54GkuGQyT’s post

Hello @Seller_fj3M54GkuGQyT,

I understand that you are not sure how you can be refunded for the label that you had to cancel with Royal Mail.

As I checked on Resolve carrier operational issues with Buy Shipping services Help Page:

"Royal Mail doesn’t charge a label fee unless the carrier applies an electronic scan to your package."

Also if the case was that a customer wanted to cancel the order, here is the information from the same help page :

"A customer has requested to cancel their order, but I have already printed my shipping label with Royal Mail. What do I do?

Do not cancel the order or the shipping label. You will not be charged for the shipping label unless it is scanned by the carrier. Your metrics will not be affected by failing to cancel the order.

Refund the customer in Seller Central. Select Orders, followed by Manage orders, click on the order ID and then click on Refund order"

Does it cover your questions ?

Sakura

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post