Amazon seller pro from individual plan

Hi could anyone please tell me if you can sign up for three months free amazon pro seller trial if you are an existing individual seller?

I’m so glad that you answered that question the way you did, as I would have said no!

I thought that the three months was only available to new sellers, not just new pro sellers.

I’ll excuse my lack of knowledge by saying that it must have changed since I joined up!

Salutations

Nick

>*Terms and conditions for three months of Pro Selling free
>
>1 This promotion is valid till 11:59PM GMT on 31 December 2012 and available only to sellers who have not previously registered as a ProSeller (Sell a Lot) on the relevant Amazon.co.uk; Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it or Amazon.es (the “Amazon Site(s)”)
>
>2 To qualify for the one–month’s subscription free promotion the seller must complete registration as a ProSeller on an Amazon Site(s) for which they have not previously registered as a ProSeller (Sell a Lot) by 11.59pm GMT on 31 December 2012. If the seller qualifies for the promotion Amazon will waive the seller’s first month’s subscription fee for the ProSeller account on the applicable Amazon Site.
>
>3 To qualify for the full three-months subscription free promotion (the above 1 month plus the next 2 months), the seller must ALSO list for live sale first product offering on the applicable Amazon Site within 14 days of the day that they complete their registration, in which case Amazon will waive the seller’s second and third month’s subscription fee to the ProSeller account on the applicable Amazon Site. This is not available to upgrading sellers.
>
>4 The seller will remain liable for all referral and transaction fees and other costs. If the seller breaches any term of the Amazon Services Europe Business Solutions Agreement within three months of registration, the Promotion will be withdrawn and the seller shall be liable for any subscription fees Amazon has waived.
>
>5 The promotion is not available to new registered sellers who are connected or affiliated to an existing ProSeller on the relevant Amazon site(s)

So I’d say that is a Yes to your question.

Thanks for that. I was a little confused reading it as I wasn’t sure if new seller meant new to amazon altogether. Think I was misreading it

I have just done it, upgrading from an individual to pro seller, expecting a three months free trial. I have got only one month free. I have asked sellers’ support for an explanation, they said that three months free trial is for new sellers only.

That is what I thought the offer was, but the terms are pretty clear which is why I commented that I was glad that they had been displayed like that.

Might well be worth going back to them although I’m sure the result will be a change in the offer terms rather than admit their error!

Cynic - Moi?

Cheers

Nick

Providing you haven’t previously had a pro seller account and meet the conditions of the terms and conditions, it might be worth speaking to Trading Standards as it looks like they are in breach of their own terms and conditions and are misleading customers, which is potentially fraudulent.

I have read the rules again. Please see the last sentence of the point 3 below, which explains the reason why upgraded (Individual upgraded to Pro) sellers get only one month free:

"3. To qualify for the full three-months subscription free promotion (the above 1 month plus the next 2 months), the seller must ALSO list for live sale first product offering on the applicable Amazon Site within 14 days of the day that they complete their registration, in which case Amazon will waive the seller’s second and third month’s subscription fee to the ProSeller account on the applicable Amazon Site. This is not available to upgrading sellers. "

That is ambiguous, is it registration to sell or registration to upgrade?

Sounds like lawyer speak!

Cheers

Nick

I would mail them again and quote the passage in the above T&Cs.

It would go to somebody different and three different people will probably give four different answers!

What’s to lose?

Cheers

Nick

I have found the response to my email from seller support, it reads:

"In this case, please be kindly informed, as you have upgraded your account as registered Individual Seller, you are enable to qualify for only 1 month free subscription. "

Should I email them again?
Hm

I just signed up as a ‘pro seller’ (sell a lot) after reading that you get 1 month which is extended to 3 if you list something within 2 weeks. I got an email saying they would be taking the payment only hours after signing up! Anyways customer support tried saying the same to me that it’s not available as I had signed up as a seller (a basic books and dvd seller on occassion) but I have since emailed back with the clear copied terms showing that it’s if you sign up as a ‘pro seller’ (sell a lot) your entitled to the 3 months hunny.

Clearly Amazon don’t know their own offers and it’s not a great way for them to start a working relationship I feel which is why I will fight for the correct trial period. xx

Hi,

Here is the reply I got which does confirm that it’s initially 1 month but will be extended to 3 if you list something within 3 months.

Dear Seller,

Thank you for contacting Amazon Seller Support.

I am very sorry to hear about your problems with subscription fees.

Please note that you are a Pro Seller since 4th of December, as you already stated, and our automated system has send you a notification of charges right away. However I have checked your account and as per the terms and conditions you have mentioned this charge has been waived for the first month.

If you create a new buyable offer in the following 14 days from created the Pro Seller account, additional 2 month subscription will be waived.

I do apologise for the misunderstanding with the automatic message.

You can check if we have charged you the subscription in your seller account, if you go to the tab ‘Reports’ and choose the option ‘Payments’.

closed #14