user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile

Hello Sellers!

As you may be aware, Amazon’s Prime Day event is back on July 16 and 17.

As we gear up for the Prime Day event, it's essential that your business is fully prepared to make the most of this high-traffic sales period. To help you out, we've put together a comprehensive checklist to guide you through the key steps to getting your operations ready:

Inventory Management

• Analyse your current inventory levels and forecast future demand to avoid stockouts.
  • Optimise your stock and minimise the risk of overselling.
  • Properly labeland organise your products for efficient fulfilment during the high-volume event.

Pricing and Promotions

• Review your pricing strategy and consider implementing dynamic pricing or strategic discounts.
  • Leverage Amazon's promotional features, such as Lightning Deals and Vouchers, to increase visibility and drive sales.
  • Ensure your pricing and promotions align with Amazon's policies to provide a seamless customer experience.

Advertising and Marketing

• Enhance your product listings with compelling content and eye-catching visuals to stand out.
  • Utilise Amazon's advertising solutions, like Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands, to boost product discoverability.
  • Plan your marketing campaigns in advance to create a cohesive and impactful Prime Day strategy.

Customer Service Readiness

• Assess your customer service processes and ensure you have the resources to handle increased order volumes.
  • Familiarise yourself with Amazon's customer service policies and guidelines to provide the best possible support.
  • Consider offering enhanced customer service options, such as extended hours or expedited response times, to delight your customers.

More:

• Optimise product listings (titles, bullets, descriptions, images) for visibility and conversions
  • Review historical Prime Day performance data to improve strategies
  • Test inventory management, ordering, and shipping processes for increased volume
  • Plan for post-Prime Day influx of inquiries, returns, and reviews

By following this checklist, you'll be well on your way to a successful Prime Day. Let us know what else is on the preparation checklist for your business!

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

Hello everyone,

I’m facing a significant issue with my Amazon seller account and hoping the community can help.

I have received 4 policy violations on my account because the product listings did not specify the correct plug type under the power_plug_type attribute in the UK marketplace.

1. I attempted to update the listing on the product detail’s webpage, but the field is locked.

2. Seller Support advised me to correct this by uploading a product update via the product upload spreadsheet.

However, after downloading the correct spreadsheet, I am unable to locate the power_plug_type attribute in the spreadsheet to make the necessary changes. This has left me unable to resolve the violations.

I believe the instructions provided by Seller Support were incorrect or insufficient for addressing this locked attribute issue.

I am seeking clear, step-by-step guidance on how to properly update the power_plug_type attribute using the spreadsheet or any other method that would resolve the violations and unlock the attribute.

Additionally, the parent SKU’s violation has already been removed. We now just want the variations of the parent SKU to be resolved

Has anyone faced a similar issue or have any insights on how to proceed? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

0 votes
0 votes
1 view
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Verification is pending for the last 2 months!!!!!
by Seller_01yYVMNi9gmgm

Hello,

2 months ago a notification for verification of my account was received.

So, I uploaded all the required documents. Every time it was required minimun 10 business days for an update come to me. Last time I submitted the document, it was the right document and the amazon team rejected it without giving me sufficient explanation. Then I uploaded again the same EXACTLY file and that time they informed me that this was the right document but the verification process needs more time to be fully completed. This shows that they maybe do not even check the files( while the same document the first time was rejected and the second was right). They have stranded all my inventory and deactivated all my listings until the verification be completed. So, I cannot sell anything, I cannot contact anyone, there is no phone number to speak with a responsible person via phone(when I request a call back they DO NOT CALL ME). The seller support cannot do anything, they respond to me with automated responses and say that they are not able to help and forward my case to the verification team. When I ask when the verification will be completed? as in the dashboard officially writes"This verification can take up to 24 hours and in some cases up to 10 business days. During this period, your identity information cannot be processed.", they cannot confirm that the maximun number of days are 10 working days. I cannot understand how such a huge company has so inappropriate handling of such situations and lack of efficient service. I am very frustrated, no one contact me and I cannot know when I will be able to work again due to this.

Does anyone know what to do?

Please help me!

@Seller_Huz6FT08OxHAR @Seller_hnDMgUKxMh1V4 @Seller_TSXM2A5nxWSuH @Seller_mIRnuhdx7l5sN @Seller_XUNeUuvrQDpgP

Thank you,

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

A contact of mine sells on Amazon in France and Germany. They have tried to change the login email address, which appeared to be successful initially, but then 2-3 hours later when trying to login get this message:

Account locked temporarily

We have detected unusual activity on your account and have locked it temporarily. Please contact customer service for further assistance.

Reason for this post on their behalf is that the only apparent route to contact is via:

'https://sellercentral.amazon.de/cu/help/contact-us' and 'https://sellercentral.amazon.fr/cu/help/contact-us' respectively and both times have been asked for screen shots of the problem, from merch.service05@amazon.de or .fr - neither of which can be replied to.

So he is stuck in a circle of one-way contact and unable to respond to customer demands - both accounts are still live and selling.

Anyone in the Amazon team able to help or provide a link to be able to contact Seller Support to resolve this?

Thanks

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Trying to Close Redundant Seller Account
by Seller_VajgQxjPiejKy

Hello,

I'm actually hoping someone from Amazon sees this message. We had a business that was unfortunately destroyed by the combination of covid, brexit and the cost of living crisis, and it had to be liquidated. We set up a new business that bought some of the assets from the liquidator, and where we're not doing anything nearly as big as we did previously we have started to sell on Amazon again via our new business. However, no matter how many times we ask Amazon to shut down that old account, nothing happens. We are nervous to start scaling our new business for fear of the old one being linked to our new business (which they have already done!) and if the old one is deactivated or suspended that it might cause our new one to also be suspended or deactivated for not doing some duty or another any control over it anymore), and for Amazon to then suspend or deactivate our new business due to there being a link between the two businesses.

Is there someone from Amazon who can tell me what I need to do to get that old business shut down once and for all? I've gone through the steps in the help to shut down the account. All requests are either ignored or marked as transferred, but nothing is ever actually done.

@Seller_Huz6FT08OxHAR @Seller_mIRnuhdx7l5sN @Seller_iTgjdgiRqiPsn @Seller_DNQGSsdC7DccM @Seller_TSXM2A5nxWSuH @Seller_fgtTzyHQfOM1x @Seller_hnDMgUKxMh1V4 @Seller_z3k8APxGfbQEK

The liquidator has also written to Amazon and provided me with a digital copy of the letter, but still nothing is done and the account continues to loom over us. I am able to provide this letter, but can't post it on a public forum.

The Merchant Token is AS0ITQ3NPQKFO.

Can one of the Amazon people above help me please? Last year our new business was suspended over the most critical 3 weeks of Christmas because of the old account, and it caused us enormous financial difficulty because of it. Can't go through that again, and too nervous to scale in case we invest and then can't shift that stock due to suspensions.

Thank you,

Leanne

0 votes
0 votes
5 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I had been contacted by a customer, who purchased a memory card but received a used, product from, a different brand and even the FNSKU sticker which does not belong to our store.

I suggested opening a return on Amazon as per our contract with Amazon FBA they provide customer service and manage returns and refunds.

However, he had been told that "They are unable to accept returns of this product due to its condition and nature (electronic storage device)."

We are getting dozens of memory cards returned every day, so it is a returnable item.

Has anyone seen a FULL list of non-returnable items?

The one here is not too exhaustive

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GMZNGRA9B5PCJB5F

Any suggestions?

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Selling on multiple amazon stores - help
by Seller_jMpYZDxRfLMn9

I've seen that i have the opportunity to sell on more stores like Amazon USA, Belgium, Sweden, and so on. I've used the converter within Amazon, but my items in every store are 'out-of-stock'. My stock is FBA (in an amazon fulfillment centre).

Can somebody guide me how to make then avaible for the people?

PS: Newbie here xD

Cheers!

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile
DAC7 Directive
by Seller_msXOuFgmdtguf

We are getting emails about DAC7 Directive?

Our business is based in Ireland and sells in UK/USA/EU

We have no idea if we have to complete this or not?

Also the link in the email leads to a page which asks to log in with a PIN, but we have never been sent any PIN number

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

We disabled this settings under FBA settings and yet Amazon still keeps buying the product from us and selling it globally. On our listings we see the following offers of Amazon in the UK and Germany:

Sold by Amazon

Sold by Amazon EU

We created numerous cases to Amazon and we have been dealing with the issue for 3 months now with Amazon only saying "they escalated it to the internal team" The waiting game never ended.

What can we do to finally stop Amazon from buying our products to sell globally since we already disabled the settings.

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

I would really appreciate if anyone can help with the following as seller support have been useless:

I have sold hundreds of a particular product without issue, had nearly 100 reviews 4.1 stars. Out of the blue Amazon have now deactivated the listing saying a customer complained they recieved the wrong product. I have tried uploading invoices from supplier as evidence I have the right product as I don't believe it was the wrong product, I have also tried accepting it was the wrong product writing documents describing how this could be prevented in the future describing quality control procedures and checks that will take place to ensure it doesnt happen again (I dont believe the wrong product was ever shipped) any way, they are rejecting everything it is so furstrating time consuming and costly, I have missed so much sales, paying stranded inventory fees month after month, now face having my inventory disposed.

Please can anyone advise how exactly I can get my listing reinstated?

FYI I recieved the reply from amazon below even though nothing I try to action from it works:

'We received your submission but do not have enough information to address the issues with your listings at this time.

You need to send us an updated appeal that provides:

-- Greater detail on the issues that you believe causemd the complaints about your items.

-- Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the issues that caused these complaints about your items.

-- Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items.

To help provide a better understanding of why customers may have complained about the condition of your products, we have included summaries of the customer complaints about your items below:

Customers complained that the item they received was a different color, size, quantity, or variant than they ordered.

Customers complained that they received the wrong item or wrong brand entirely.

When submitting your appeal:

-- Review your communications from buyers to better understand the reason for the customer complaints, and provide an explanation for the issues that led to complaints about your items.

-- Be clear, concise, and as specific as possible. Focus on the facts and events that led to the issue rather than providing an introduction of your product, business, or customer. Remove other questions or references to ongoing support cases from your submission.

-- Do not limit your appeal to issues with specific orders. Instead, focus on the general practices you will adopt to prevent this type of issue in the future, considering the following questions:

--> Sourcing: Are you sourcing the product from a trusted supplier that sells items in new condition?

--> Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that the product detail page has all the relevant customer information?

--> Labeling: Are you following Amazon policy regarding labeling requirements? For example, are you specifying date type such as, manufacturing, production, or expiry, and presenting the information in a clear way?

--> Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

--> Shipping: Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately? Are you ensuring product has sufficient shelf life before shipping?'

0 votes
0 votes
5 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

We were taken by surprise when our funds were blocked. Upon investigation, we realized that the DD+7 policy had been implemented without prior warning. We relied on the message on our account health page, which still indicates a future date.

The message states:

''We will move your account to the standard base reserve policy called “Delivery Date Based Reserve” or “DD+7” in the coming months. Additional details have been emailed to you.

The DD+7 base reserve policy means that funds from sales will become available for disbursement based on the delivery date plus seven days. When the DD+7 base reserve policy is applied to your account, the change may cause a one-time cash flow issue for your business and may temporarily impact your ability to disburse funds if your balance is lower than the reserve fund required.

If you are concerned about the impact of this transition, please contact us eu-uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk and we’ll evaluate available options to help you, including a transition extension to 30 September 2025.

For more information about Delivery Date Based Reserves, go to Payments based on delivery date.''

We have written multiple times to the provided email, requesting an extension, but have received no response, despite including all necessary information.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Moderators, can you please resolve this?

Thank you.

0 votes
0 votes
6 replies
Latest activity 

FAQ

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View release notes