user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile
How to report a violation
by Seller_hnDMgUKxMh1V4
Amazon replied

Hello Sellers 👋

Here a quick recap on how to report a violation:

Sellers are responsible for complying with all laws, regulations and Amazon policies when listing products. Amazon encourages sellers to report listing abuse or seller violations of Amazon’s policies or applicable law.

All reports are thoroughly investigated by our team.

For privacy reasons, the results of our investigations cannot be disclosed, but we will take any disciplinary actions that we find appropriate.

Policy violations are the result of a seller violating the activities listed on the Selling Policies and Code of Conduct page.

1. Go to Report Abuse
  2. Select violation type
  3. Provide concerned Order ID or ASIN/ISBN, as applicable
  4. Make sure to include the following information in the Please describe your issue field, as applicable:
  • The store or business name of the seller that you are reporting
  • The ASIN or ISBN of the item’s detail page and the product title
  • The marketplaces for which the violation has occurred
  • A concise explanation of the violation based on the policy
  • Supporting documentation (for example, order IDs, related messaging or receipts)

5. Submit

Best,

Simon

2 votes
0 votes
20 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

hello..!

Can someone help me out in this..

Today morning a recieved an email from amazon saying i choosed individual entity because i didn’t want to register any buisness to get involved in vat filing and all stuff,now amazon giving a warning notification in my display to change the entity for the verification of my account,its happening right after submitting bank statement for account verification,even i created my account 5 months ago,please someone come up with the solution

0 votes
0 votes
13 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Verify Establishment for VAT - Help needed
by Seller_S7WgTQDrIfGZ5

Hello fellow sellers,

I need your help. I recently received an email from Amazon regarding VAT establishment. I am based in the UK, and for privacy reasons, my registered company address is a mail forwarding service, different from my physical/operational address, which is my home. I submitted multiple documents showing my name and business name at my home address as proof. However, Amazon has requested additional information. I'm surprised and confused about what more I need to provide, given that my registered company address is only for mail forwarding and not for actual operations. This situation has significantly impacted my mental health and my family's well-being. I've been going back and forth with seller support, submitting all the required documents, but they keep asking for "proof of physical business address" to verify my establishment for VAT purposes. Please see their response below:

Hello,

Thank you for your submission. We reviewed the information provided, we need additional documentation to determine whether you are established in the UK for Value Added Tax (VAT) purposes.

Why did this happen?

We must collect and remit VAT from non-UK established selling partners for the sales of goods delivered to customers in the UK. Based on a review of your account, we determined that you may not be UK established for VAT purposes. We leveraged a combination of automated means and expert human review to identify this issue and make this decision. We took this action in accordance with the Amazon Business Solution Agreement:

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/external/G201190440

and APUK Agreement:

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/G201190400

What actions do I need to take?

To avoid further impact to your disbursements, go to the Account Health page in your Seller Central account and follow the instructions from the banner that is present at the top of the page to submit the following mentioned documentation:

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_ap

What documents do I need to provide?

- Proof of physical business address.

*** The utility bills and council tax bill which you have provided not in business address. If you are unable to provided any of the following, please explain the reason. ***

We accept one of the following documents (we do not accept mobile phone bills):

• A recent business rates addressed to the company

• A recent utility bill dated within 180 days addressed to the company or the director of the company. If bill was in name of director the address need to be same as the business address.

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
List Price attribute (Books)
by Seller_dtDzb0clEI627

Just noticed whilst listing a book for sale that there is a new requirement - List Price with Tax for Display attribute. Are we now required to find and add the publishers rrp?

Thanks

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

This is getting crazy, we have a customer that put in an A-Z claim for delivery 204-8597270-0909926, claiming he did not sign for the parcel even though they received it. Amazon stated that we provided enough information that proves he received it, but still refunded over £100 to the customer and to keep the boots. However, Amazon said that they will not count this claim against our Order Defect Rate. Well thank you Amazon!

Any ideas how I can get this money back, no doubt Amazon will be silent on this issue.

Just a thought, how many parcels do I receive from Amazon that are never signed for? all of them, does this precedent by Amazon now mean I can get a refund and keep the item on all my deliveries?

0 votes
0 votes
6 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
VAT Reclaiming
by Seller_GtGZAnqNrmArM

HI

I created my company in the UK and started selling on Amazon 6 months ago. I have received an email from Amazon to collect the VAT on my all-time sales. It should be collected after excluding the Amazon fees rather than the selling price.

We are a non-UK established company. We are ready to pay VAT but this is not a good decision by Amazon if they collect the VAT on the selling price and do not exclude their own feeses.

Please guide me on how to talk with Amazon to discuss this matter

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

As we know listings are being removed by the Amazon BOT every day, very often for no reason at all, however this is the best one yet, a computer mouse listed in, Keyboards, Mice & Input Devices >Mice

It is going to be removed unless it is moved to the SEEDS and PLANTS category, couldn't write the book! Come on Amazon, do better.

This is to inform you that the following detail pages are at the risk of removal from our catalog. You must take remedial actions before 7/1/2024, UTC, else your listing(s) will be removed from our catalog. It is your obligation to ensure that the products you offer, comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and Amazon's policies.

ASIN: B0795X2KWW, SKU: QP-B9B0-V294, Title: 5 Button USB Optical Scroll Mouse with Built in Calculator Key Pad

Why is this happening?

This product has been identified as a live plant or seed product that is listed outside of the SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED categories. Please update the product_type attribute to either SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED values as a path to reinstatement.

3 votes
0 votes
11 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Amazon and the Amazing Time Travelling Customers
by Seller_29AF2b8VJNr8z

I sell many items in the European marketplaces, for many reasons (none that I or any individual could possibly control) such as the Amazon IOSS number not being accepted by customs, customs errors like double charging the tax already collected by Amazon, items wrongly classified as restricted and many other issues, I have many A-Z claims for items not received, I usually contact the customer and resolve the problem, usually I send the items again. Obviously I get the buyer to withdraw the claim and the majority understand that the issue is from Brexit issues and not my error and they are happy to cancel the claim and allow me to fix the problem. This is now where the problems start, Amazon has been reversing the buyers decision to close the claim and they reassess the claim and grant it. This has been happening for years now and without exaggerating I must have contacted Amazon over 500 times about this issue. I show them the tell tale signs and I even contact them before they reassess the claim to tell them that it is going to happen (their usual answer is to tell me the claim was already closed). The signs that there will be an issue are I don’t receive notification of the claim being closed and the claim date and claim withdrawn date. Usually these are displayed incorrectly. I’ll just show you guys what I mean:

So apparently these people are opening the claim the day after they closed it, am I meant to believe that these people are time travellers? How is it possible that they managed to close the claim the day before it was opened? According to Amazon this is normal! Any normal person can see there’s something wrong, when I call up Seller Support the people on the phone understand there’s an issue, when I speak to a supervisor they also understand however when my case is transferred nothing is done. This has been happening for years without resolution. Just yesterday I received a claim from a customer in Sweden, he requested I resend the order when he returned from holiday, he cancelled the claim at 9.44am and at 9.53am the claim was granted again. Today another customer opened a claim and then closed it within a few minutes, I again received no notification but I did receive an email around 2 hours later telling me the refund was completed. Here are the words of the customer:

How can this be acceptable? I already sent the product to the client and tracking shows that the parcel will be delivered tomorrow and now because of Amazon’s error the customer has the refund as well as the order. The worst part is the original problem is nothing to do with me and I’m the person fixing the issue, it’s so demoralising to work the problem out with the customer only for Amazon to wipe all that work out for no reason and then to deny it’s happening when I have presented volumes of proof.

@Seller_DNQGSsdC7DccM

@Seller_mIRnuhdx7l5sN

@Seller_gAhPNiLrkfTcr

@Seller_Huz6FT08OxHAR

@Seller_hnDMgUKxMh1V4

@Seller_XUNeUuvrQDpgP

@Seller_TSXM2A5nxWSuH

0 votes
0 votes
0 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Letter of authorization
by Seller_ll4yeab6RRGDD

does anybody know if a tax return this year is sufficient enough to satisfy verification for amazon. I've already sent them a power of attorney signed by me confirming that I'm the beneficial owner and they sent me a reply saying they want an official letter. Others have told me this is a copy of my UTR number was just wondering if a tax return letter from hmrc is enough?

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile

We were taken by surprise when our funds were blocked. Upon investigation, we realized that the DD+7 policy had been implemented without prior warning. We relied on the message on our account health page, which still indicates a future date.

The message states:

''We will move your account to the standard base reserve policy called “Delivery Date Based Reserve” or “DD+7” in the coming months. Additional details have been emailed to you.

The DD+7 base reserve policy means that funds from sales will become available for disbursement based on the delivery date plus seven days. When the DD+7 base reserve policy is applied to your account, the change may cause a one-time cash flow issue for your business and may temporarily impact your ability to disburse funds if your balance is lower than the reserve fund required.

If you are concerned about the impact of this transition, please contact us eu-uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk and we’ll evaluate available options to help you, including a transition extension to 30 September 2025.

For more information about Delivery Date Based Reserves, go to Payments based on delivery date.''

We have written multiple times to the provided email, requesting an extension, but have received no response, despite including all necessary information.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Moderators, can you please resolve this?

Thank you.

0 votes
0 votes
1 reply
Latest activity 
user profile

Hi Guys - Sorry this is a bit of a repeat thread but the last wasn't very clear.

The issue - Amazon Business customers, there is no way to either cancel, refund, or partially refund them. The button / option simply doesn't exist.

So for example I have an Amazon Business customer today who has received a damaged parcel. For any other customer I would just refund in full and move on, but as I have no option available I'm stuck. I have had cases raised with Amazon SS for months but with no response.

Has anyone got a DEFINITIVE step by step METHOD of how to deal with these orders? Preferably without annoying the customer even more.

Any help much appreciated

0 votes
0 votes
4 replies
Latest activity 

FAQ

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View release notes