Email address for formal complaint?

Hi,
Can anyone kindly tell me the email address where I can register a formal complaint about Amazon UK seller support team? I’ve been looking for an official email address but to no avail. I can’t believe that there’s no channel to air sellers’ opinions about the very poor support they received.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a significant deteriorating quality in seller support over the past month. Previously, I was very pleased with the support I had received, but over the past month, there’ve been numerous problems occurring. Whenever I asked for help, nearly all the reps are trying to pass the buck by quickly “replying to” your questions without actually answering your specific questions, or they would ask you to contact another department, or copy and paste a piece of rules or policies so as to close that case quickly. In fact, recently they didn’t even include the usual satisfaction survey in their message so we can’t rate their performance. Very sneaky indeed!

Any advice on how to effectively bring sellers’ concerns and issues to the attention of seller support management will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeremy

managingdirector@amazon.co.uk is the address of the managing director, but with so many complaints I doubt he has time to read yours.

Many thanks for the email address, Chris.
I can see your points, but I’ll still give a go anyway. But it’s really strange that Amazon is well known for excellence in customer service, but they can’t bother listening to sellers’ concerns by setting up a proper complaint channel for sellers considering that we are their customers (paying them commissions) as well (particularly I’m a FBA seller).

Any other ideas about the best way to bring issues to the attention of the management of the support team apart from emailing to Amazon MD’s address? I can’t believe the support reps can ignore our requests for help and get away with it just because there’s no proper way of complaining.
Jeremy

Have you tried phoning: 0800 496 1081

They’ll put you onto a senior manager if you insist. I’ve done that before and had a great result as the manager was really on the ball. Good luck anyway.

Thanks so much for your timely help, Isabella. It’s really encouraging to hear that the number did help you to get the desirable results, which is exactly I’m looking to achieve. I’m sure that other sellers will appreciate this piece of invaluable information as well.
Cheers
Jeremy

Open a case with seller support. Put the word Complaint in the title. Say you have a complaint about Seller Support that you wish to escalate and ask for a manager to call you to discuss the detsils. You dont have to go into the details until the manager in gbe Escalation Team calls you - and they will. And they are pragmatic.

Thanks a lot for the little handy tips, Pashmina. Will definitely try it out.
Cheers
Jeremy

Great helpful information. Thanks

Man, I have been lied 3 times within the last 3 days… I made a new listing and forgot to highlight (to mark) that my Sushi Set contained a knife, so I have been told to mark it in product information as UK_18_Knife so it will display that only 18+ can buy my set. I was told to wait 24 hours for the listing to update and I will be ready to go. 24hrs passed nothing had change, still could not access my listing, then I have been told that there were some issues with my pictures - I have been “working” on Amazon for the past 6 months, and not even once I had issues with photos. I have been told to re-upload picture and wait another bloody 24 hrs… Guess what after 24hrs passed, still cannot access my listing, I have requested a call from a manager, I was promised to receive a call today. Still waiting it’s 6 pm now no one bothered to call me… so I count this as lie as I was requesting this call from one of the staff at FBA, and been promised to receive call… I would not be upset, if I would not pay for FBA and was charged 1/3 of the profit I make… They charge me monthly subscriptions and take 1/3rd of all my earnings… Still I get Shty service… I hear only promises and nothing else. Promises and apologising will not solve the issue that I cannot sell my products because my listing is being inactive!.. It’s a joke to pay so much and get nothing in return. There was one issue that had been under investigation for 2 weeks, and FBA technicians could not find solution… so they kept sending me messages that they are working on it… 2 WEEKS? Finally I got solution myself, and called to stop investigating and working on this issue because I already solved it myself… People at FBA are not well trained apart from giving you bullit excuses and keep apologising while nothing is done to solve the problem… Amazon’s system is THE WORST I ever experienced, and I have been using various shopping sites to sell my products… I’m telling you they are first to charge you money! But last to help… and when I ask to speak to manager I ma being told managers are not available neither supervisors, or I am being simply ignored and told that someone is working on the case… I wish that most of the sellers would strike for at least a day for someone to care eventually about sellers…!

Edited by: Odaiba on Jul 6, 2016 6:03 PM

Don’t waste your efforts complaining to this email address. They don’t reply. Amazon don’t have a process conveniently for accepting seller complaints. People post this email address and another, but it’s a deliberate ploy to make people think complaints are looked at somewhere when they’re not. it’s quite funny really :slight_smile:

There are over two million Amazon Marketplace Sellers Worldwide, I don’t know how many Seller Supports workers there are to look after all these Sellers.

It just isn’t possible for them to satisfy every Sellers query, some queries they just can’t deal with and they are passed to other departments, and quite often, then you don’t get any further response or help.

It seems we just have to accept it as it is, the good and the bad, and manage the best we can.

Action fraud, just can’t possibly investigate every case, same with the Police, they can’t investigate every crime…

Let us know if you get anywhere complaining.

Hi

Any body can give help and advice ? Any workable complaint channel we can reach to get Amazon’s attention to reply.
I got some problems on the listing issue and raised my question in July 18, however I still can’t get any reply from Amazon UK . I have never seen such bad customer service like this! Disappointed and frustrated!

I just simply copy fromJeremy and past the below , as I have the same situation:
Can anyone kindly tell me the email address where I can register a formal complaint about Amazon UK seller support team? I’ve been looking for an official email address but to no avail. I can’t believe that there’s no channel to air sellers’ opinions about the very poor support they received.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a significant deteriorating quality in seller support over the past month. Whenever I asked for help, nearly all the reps are trying to pass the buck by quickly “replying to” your questions without actually answering your specific questions, or they would ask you to contact another department, or copy and paste a piece of rules or policies so as to close that case quickly. In fact, recently they didn’t even include the usual satisfaction survey in their message so we can’t rate their performance. Very sneaky indeed!

Any advice on how to effectively bring sellers’ concerns and issues to the attention of seller support management will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Henry

I always get a reply from managingdirector@amazon.co.uk

Regarding seller support, I posted a thread a few days ago about cases not getting replies for 2-3 weeks, but over the last few days, I’ve had answers within 24 hours

I have experienced exactly the same lack of service and continuous refusal of my details despite them being correct and me fulfilling all their requirements. That stupid letter we had to write confirming we had no connection with any government or terrorist activity I actually was requested three times even though I sent it each time.

I have come to the conclusion that there could be an attempt to get as many sellers as possible to sell using ‘Fulfilled By Amazon’ service which they have been pushing recently. Whatever it is the lack of service and ability to speak with someone who speaks and understands English clearly to settle these problems is a disgrace.

Fulfilled by Amazon is still dealing with the same customer support. I’ve been bashing my head again a wall for some time with them and have gotten precisely nowhere. Feeling distinctly unfulfilled by Amazon. They don’t even read the case half the time, just send a copy/paste reply that has nothing to do with the problem, then close the case.

They’ve been doing that for years.
Have had some absolutely beautiful replies from them on occasion, full of instruction and giving good advice.
Just in no way relevant to the issue raised.

Just have to keep at them most of the time, or work around them.

Hi Jeremy
I am also looking for a formal complaints email address as i seem to be having similar issues. I understand your issue was in 2015, but would be grateful if you could send me the email address that worked for you. Thank you.
Daire

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry, I can’t help and in fact I know even less than you. I used to sell books on Amazon (as an individual not a store) and even a couple of months ago I got help OK. Now – no email address. I just wanted to know how to make some items active again, but not all. No one to ask anymore. I think I’ll have to abandon that listing and start again – or I would if there was an alternative to Amazon.

Looks like sellers have given up and aren’t even contacting the forum now.

Good luck!

Liz

Liz - the last post on this thread you have responded to was over 4 months ago !
If you have a problem you can open a case with seller support - link at bottom of this, and every page.

‘+Looks like sellers have given up and aren’t even contacting the forum now.+’

Not sure why you say that, there are loads of new threads with questions and posts every day - too many to keep up with !

As for your listings - just go to your inventory, inactive, and you can make active again, and make sure you put the quantity in and not leave it at 0.

…and the thread itself is more than two years old!