We are EXCITED to launch Returnless Refunds for Seller Fulfilled

EXCITED ?

Not half as much as the rude entitled cheapo chancers and scammers who would normally pull an INR !

Here is the email:

Dear Seller,

We are excited to announce the launch of a new feature called ‘Returnless Refunds’ available for all self-fulfilled orders in UK and DE Marketplaces.

What is this feature?

‘Returnless Refunds’ allows you to set rules in the return settings within Seller Central such that the customer is automatically issued a refund on an item without having to return it. For such return requests, you do not need to take any action to authorize the return request or issue a refund to the customer – everything happens automatically based on the rules you have set.

How does it work?

To set “Returnless Refunds” rules go to Seller Central > Settings > Return Settings > Returnless Refunds tab. Click on ‘Add New Rule’ button and set your rules. You can add multiple rules at one time and you can edit or remove a rule at any time. All return requests that qualify per the rules set by you will get a returnless refund. The customer will get a message “We are processing your refund. You don’t need to return the item back to us!” The return request will be automatically authorized and refund sent to the customer from your account.

What is the benefit of this feature?

This feature would be useful for you if the cost of return is uneconomical compared to the price of the item, and you prefer that the customer keep the product rather than return it to you at a cost. This is an opt-in feature. It is up to you to set the rules that would qualify a return to receive a returnless refund. You can set rules based on price of the product, reason for return, product category, return window or a combination of the four factors.”

We hope this feature will greatly enhance the customer experience for your orders and reduce your cost of doing business at the same time. To learn more about Returnless Refunds, click here.

Thank you,

The Amazon Marketplace team

And the overwhelming response from sellers is… WHAT???

What a joke! So glad to be shutting our Amazon side of the business down in 3 days. Life’s to short for Amazon’s pish…

Translation

Now you can give your stuff away even faster!

Haha my exact response when reading this. Then went to check straight away this ‘exciting’ new feature was turned off. I’m amazed at how easy amazon are making it for customers to get free stuff at the expense of sellers.

Looks like April’s Fools Day has come early! Please tell me this is a Joke!

Just seen this it’s not compulsory is it?

This feature has been available on the Amazon USA marketplace for a few years already.

Basically, there are sellers who sell low value items and in case of a seller-faulted return they would be paying more for the return shipping than what was the order total, therefore decide to set a rule that their buyers get refunded without having to return the items.

Of course, it’s a voluntary option, which no one has to use.

Sometimes, where the ‘customer’ is obviously a scammer I would insist on a return even if it cost me more than the item is worth just out of principle.

WHERE DO I DO IT YESTERDAY !!!

Soon customers will be reporting every item as faulty in the hope of getting an automated refund.

What have they got to lose? report faulty, get an automatic refund, or report faulty and seller replies asking for more information, just ignore them and forget about it.

No, it’s not compulsory. The email states “This is an opt-in feature. It is up to you to set the rules that would qualify a return to receive a returnless refund.”

For now it’s OPT IN. Let’s give a few months and see if it stays that way.

Where can i see to check this is turned off please?

If it turns to compulsory there’ll probably be some dead easy work around, like only automatically refund items with a value of less than 1p.

Same as when they complain to Customer Service, instead of Sellers directly.

" Customer not happy with item. Customer want replacement trimmed with Unicorn Fur, Dodo Feathers and Loch Ness Monster leather. Please send customer replacement trimmed with Unicorn Fur, Dodo Feathers and Loch Ness Monster leather "

To set “Returnless Refunds” rules go to Seller Central > Settings > Return Settings > Returnless Refunds tab.

Is " Retunless Refunds " marketing speak a bit like " Bottomless Coffee " ?

So they mean

" Bottomless Books "
" Bottomless CDs "
" Bottomless DVDs "
" Bottomless VideoGames … "

I get it now !

HAHAHAHA Can’t believe how incredibly lucky UK (and German) sellers are! :rofl:

But seriously, what are they thinking??? Did they lose it? OMG… “Returnless Refunds”, they can stick those up their… err, use your imagination :smirk:

Let’s cross our fingers and sincerely hope this s**t never reaches Italy (our native marketplace, btw)

Just thinking the same for France!