user profile
Sign in

Welcome to Seller Forums

Recent discussions

Recent discussions displayed are from the last 7 days. To see more discussions, navigate to discussions page.
Latest activityRecently createdMost viewedMost voted
pinPinned by community manager
user profile

Hello Sellers!

As you may be aware, Amazon’s Prime Day event is back on July 16 and 17.

As we gear up for the Prime Day event, it's essential that your business is fully prepared to make the most of this high-traffic sales period. To help you out, we've put together a comprehensive checklist to guide you through the key steps to getting your operations ready:

Inventory Management

• Analyse your current inventory levels and forecast future demand to avoid stockouts.
  • Optimise your stock and minimise the risk of overselling.
  • Properly labeland organise your products for efficient fulfilment during the high-volume event.

Pricing and Promotions

• Review your pricing strategy and consider implementing dynamic pricing or strategic discounts.
  • Leverage Amazon's promotional features, such as Lightning Deals and Vouchers, to increase visibility and drive sales.
  • Ensure your pricing and promotions align with Amazon's policies to provide a seamless customer experience.

Advertising and Marketing

• Enhance your product listings with compelling content and eye-catching visuals to stand out.
  • Utilise Amazon's advertising solutions, like Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands, to boost product discoverability.
  • Plan your marketing campaigns in advance to create a cohesive and impactful Prime Day strategy.

Customer Service Readiness

• Assess your customer service processes and ensure you have the resources to handle increased order volumes.
  • Familiarise yourself with Amazon's customer service policies and guidelines to provide the best possible support.
  • Consider offering enhanced customer service options, such as extended hours or expedited response times, to delight your customers.

More:

• Optimise product listings (titles, bullets, descriptions, images) for visibility and conversions
  • Review historical Prime Day performance data to improve strategies
  • Test inventory management, ordering, and shipping processes for increased volume
  • Plan for post-Prime Day influx of inquiries, returns, and reviews

By following this checklist, you'll be well on your way to a successful Prime Day. Let us know what else is on the preparation checklist for your business!

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Detail Page Removed
by Seller_UN9ILzxADiCK3

@Seller_Huz6FT08OxHAR

Hi,

I just noticed that about 30 ASINs have been completely removed without any prior warning. We have been selling these products for years and all the information (GTINs etc) are correct. Some of them are FBA which obviously creates a challenge with stranded inventory.

What is going on?

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
restricted policy violation deactivated account
by Seller_2i7OXWf1OkiL7

my account recently got deactivated due to amazon saying i had to delete a listing which did not comply with their policies. i deleted this and completed all actions. 5 months later my account gets deactivated for the same listing i deleted and no longer had.

i was also informed due to me following amazons recommendations my account had "no impact" for this violation but 5 months later here i am with a deactivated account.

every time i appeal i get a generic response and getting no where.

i have submitted a plan of action, again getting no where.

@Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH@Seller_Huz6FT08OxHAR@Seller_mIRnuhdx7l5sN@Seller_pcsb5w54JugEA@Seller_TSXM2A5nxWSuH@Seller_fgtTzyHQfOM1x@Seller_iTgjdgiRqiPsn

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

This is an ongoing issue that needs immediate attention. I am going to tag some other sellers that seem to be facing similar issues and hopefully, collectively we can escalate this.

There are certain brands that this seems to be a bigger issue in our catalogue but I would also say that no brand is safe. The main issues are, variations going missing overnight with no trace or explanation and vital attributes missing and we do not have permission to add these back.

Missing variations

I want to clearly outline some of the issues with the removal of variations. For clarity the variations that were being removed were random. There was no similarity in category or brand and it was never the entire brand or entire category.

• Error 5461 - Consistently receiving this error and the response from seller support has been different every time. The previous batch where we had this issue, we were granted safety listing for a period of time. Upload would still see the errors coming through but we were able to manually create variations. These stuck for about a week before breaking again
  • Error 5461 round 2 - We are now being asked to submit seller applications to remove error 5461, this does not make sense as we would have submitted this application when we created the SKUs. Some of these were created 4+ years ago. The documents are old now so we would have to reach out to renew them which can take time. As I am sure many sellers and mods will sympathise with here, no one in the company is interested in spending time gathering this information just for the application approval to come through and not solving the issue.
  • Error 8032 - We are also seeing SKUs still attached to the parent that was removed. We have been told to add the parent ASIN to then delete and I'm sure you are already seeing the irony in this, but we are not approved to create variations as the same upload would have outlined, so we are going around in circles with this issue.

Missing Attributes

At the moment the main missing attributes are colour and size

• Error 90004401 - We are consistently seeing this error that the colour or size has not been entered even though I will attached screenshots of the upload file as well as the upload file to show that this was in fact included when it was uploaded. I did manage to get on the phone and someone who outlined that the reason why we are getting this error even tho the information is there is because we are not approved.

It is impossible to sell like this and it affects some of our best-selling brands. Seller support seems just as confused as the sellers sometimes and cases go around and around with automated replies outlining why we are seeing errors and little to nothing is done about how to remove the errors.

More clarity is needed on why some variations are randomly being removed and why are some brand permissions are being revoked without warning.

5 votes
0 votes
20 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

We sell lots of Genuine Philips parts on Amazon and recently had to file documents and evidence to be able to continue to sell these products due to Philips now supplying Transparency codes. We fully support this as it guarantees the customer receive a genuine part.

The issue with Amazon is it is near impossible to upload the data, we have been collecting the image files however there is nowhere to add this if you use Click and drop. It seems to be another con by Amazon to keep third party sellers out of the buy box. All we can do if feed this information back to the westminster lobby group whom can add this as another unfair process.

0 votes
0 votes
4 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

HI

Last week a customer ordered 3x1 item, a few days later it said:

Refunds total: -£139.47

The item never arrived

I contacted amz and received:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand you have contacted us regarding if your order will not be returned.

Kindly note that as per Amazon policy, a refund is a customer credit for all or part of the cost of a bought item. In some cases, we issue customers a "returnless refund". In other words, they are not required to send the item back to the fulfilment centre. This means they are not required to return the item. Some items that are not eligible for return may be eligible for a refund.

In your case, your product will not be returned to the inventory, it was a returnless refund and you will not be reimbursed for it.

Then to my amazement I just received this for a completely different item/ASIN :

Refunds total: -£148.89

Return not expected

Seller central just copy and paste the same reply

I can not afford to give away £300 worth of stock in 1 day

0 votes
0 votes
8 replies
Latest activity 
user profile

hello..!

Can someone help me out in this..

Today morning a recieved an email from amazon saying i choosed individual entity because i didn’t want to register any buisness to get involved in vat filing and all stuff,now amazon giving a warning notification in my display to change the entity for the verification of my account,its happening right after submitting bank statement for account verification,even i created my account 5 months ago,please someone come up with the solution

0 votes
0 votes
35 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Handmade Customisation Question
by Seller_EpXPhVLnbs8X3

Hi All,

I'm on Handmade at Amazon and create costume jewellery, offering my earrings in pierced or clip ons so I had set up customisation on my listings so people could choose.

I now want to add a 3rd option for a different type of pierced closure, however the page has changed since I originally set it up. it is now asking for "surface 1", description and a square photo with specific dimensions.. I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with this as I'm not printing T-Shirts and I don't have any square photos. Can I bypass this step?

It won't let me add my new option without uploading a photo!

0 votes
0 votes
3 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
Opt out of removal orders
by Seller_rTNRowDlBSYuI
Amazon replied

Hi, How do I stop amazon from returning my old stock? I'm sure there is an 'opt out' setting but customer service doesn't know how to do it. They sent ALL my stock back 30 days before xmas last year. I was going through a crisis then and didn't get it cancelled in time. So my xmas sales were 0. Thanks

0 votes
0 votes
8 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
VAT Submissions
by Seller_QaiKzqPjGDKk0

On the Revenue Calculator Near the bottom it states VAT @ 20% This is obviously included in the Price the customer pays,But what happens to that VAT is it returned to me so i can include it in myQuarterly VAT return or do Amazon Pay it to HMRC on my Behalf.

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 
user profile
asin numbers
by Seller_QaiKzqPjGDKk0

How do i get an asin number for a new product that is not cuuently available on Amazon

0 votes
0 votes
2 replies
Latest activity 

FAQ

Learn more about Seller Forums, how to participate in discussions and more!
View FAQs

Community Guidelines

Tips to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
View Community Guidelines

Conditions of use

Review Terms and Conditions for Seller Forums
View Terms of Use

Privacy Notice

Review Privacy Notice for Seller Forums
View Privacy Notice

Report abuse

Use this form to report abuse of Amazon policies

Release notes

Stay up to date with improvements coming to Seller Forums.
View release notes